Mission & ObjectivesThe ECOLOGY Global Network®, a service of Ecology Communications Group Inc. (ECGI), is the nexus of the Worldwide Web, international television, international radio and personal data delivery systems regarding all facets of ecology and the environment… all delivered on ecology.com with plans to expand to other media delivery platforms.
The ECOLOGY Global Network™ Mission Statement
To use the modern tools of information and communication to inform, educate and inspire the global community to respect, restore and protect our natural and human world, and to encourage all people to become stewards of the environment in which we live.
- To educate, empower, enlighten, inform, enable and connect all ages with ecology and environmental dynamics in scientific, entertaining and innovative ways.;
- To create a global community in which everyone from all walks of life can see themselves and participate;
- To build the platform for sustainable commerce; familiarize, popularize, and normalize environmental consideration in everyday activities and dealings;
- To stimulate personal action in daily decisions.
The ECOLOGY Global Network®ecology.com© Ecology Television™ Ecology Radio® Ecology Global Community™ The Ecology Global Network™ is a service of Ecology Communications Group, Inc. (ECGI), A Delaware Corporation.
Declaration of Principles
Code of Ethics and Practices for Ecology Global Network®Ecology Global Network® (EGN) is a multiplatform media-based communications service designed of, by and for all peoples and cultures throughout the world. EGN is designed for all people to learn from, teach and empower others – collectively as individuals and groups — to craft, develop and maintain productive lives through sustainable practice. EGN is a growing global, collaborative community of youths and adults, consumers, teachers, professionals, practitioners, scientists, and cross-generational enthusiasts who seek the true connections between themselves and their environments through relevant and relatable news and information, entertainment and easy-to-use resources. EGN shall follow, to the best extent possible, the following principles in providing this service for all. EGN will:
- Present balanced, diverse and unbiased viewpoints on the many issues and concerns across gender, race, ethnic origin, language, regional representation, faiths, and socio-economic status;
- Engage and empower young and old through stories, ideas, thoughts, concepts, perspectives, advice and arguments on all aspects and topics related to ecology and sustainable living;
- Explore the myriad relationships of all living organisms and their environments, and how they are all related;
- Promote sensibility and practicality in concert with sustainability;
- Inform and place into understandable context the latest news, science, practice, statistics and changes in the global environment;
- Provide a nurturing environment via Internet, television, radio, mobile devices and all related communications platforms for resources and collaboration;
- Inspire through example of professional practitioners, scientists, educators, environmental leaders, young social entrepreneurs, and their many efforts and initiatives;
- Entertain through dramatic representation, music, illustration, humor and current broadcast, on-line and social media fare as is appropriate and relevant to the topic at hand, using the modern and emerging tools of media;
- Impart a fair and balanced media environment for all, including companies, industries, governments, NGOs, and associations regardless of their historical track-records;
- Constantly strive for journalistic excellence rooted in research, well reflected context, editorial fairness, reflection of factual information, good taste and moral principle;
- Provide for freedom of expression within the bounds of internationally accepted standards, devoid of exploitation, defamation, unfair bias, misrepresentation or prejudice;
- Safeguard and uphold integrity of information which shall not be skewed or unduly influenced by advertising, sponsorship, corporate associations, or other funding sources or other support;
- Encourage and help foster collaboration with and among all people, cultures, trades, agencies, organizations, corporations, associations and companies;
- Provide and encourage fair practice in the treatment of all peoples met or represented, those hired or engaged, and in the exhibition or sales of products and services;
- Uphold and reinforce advertising and sponsorship stewardship excluding tobacco, substances or products known to be injurious or exploitative of human health or fundamentally harmful to the global environment;
- Understand and respect imperfection as a fact of life and instill the spirit of making the best decisions possible and learning from the mistakes made in the past; and
- Instill and preserve editorial integrity through the engagement of respected and trusted editorial staff.